COVID-19 Resources for local producers and direct marketers

Click on the photo for more information.

Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) Update

Producers - Click the link provided above for a general overview of the CFAP details about direct payments to farmers for listed commodities.
For CFAP details, go to the USDA website
Contact the Madison County Farm Service Agency (859-624-1980) to set up a phone appointment to apply. Sign-ups begin May 26.

USDA to Provide $1 Billion in Loan Guarantees for Rural Businesses and Ag Producers


Eric Baker

Eric Baker
County Extension Agent for Agriculture & Natural Resources
(606) 723-4557

Estill County Extension offers educational opportunities to producers and agribusinessmen on crops, diseases, pest management, farm and business management, risk management, erosion control, livestock management and water quality.  Programs are offered throughout the year.

Fire Blight Alert Map

Cold Injury Resources

In Kentucky, pest control has been deemed an essential service which allows for continuing operation.  It is important that residents/customers are aware of the items they should be discussing with their pest control provider so they can weigh the benefits and risks. 
ENTfact-652 provides a list of recommended items that residents/customers should discuss with their pest control provider during the COVID-19 outbreak.


Current Newsletter
Kentucky Fruit Facts Newsletter
Ginseng Program Fact Sheet
UK Agriculture Weather
Kentucky Department of Agriculture
CPH Sales
Farm Purchase Exemptions

Snake Identification



Turf Professionals Training has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.


Hay for Sale: Need to purchase squared or rolled hay?   Give us a call and we'll be glad to share the information with potential buyers.  In addition, the Kentucky Dept. of Agr has a hotline that you may want to submit an advertisement.   Call our office for more details.

High Tunnel Webinar Series
Webinars are viewable at the web address listed below. You can watch them at your convenience.

Dead Livestock Removal Option: Farmers who need to dispose of dead livestock can contact the Estill County Conservation District and request a voucher that will pay disposal costs at the Blue Ridge landfill off HWY 89. Farmers are responsible to transport their dead livestock to the landfill. Call 723-5104 for more details.


Cattle Chute available for leasing - call 723-4557 for information
Grain Moisture Testing - call 723-4557 for information
Kentucky Farm Record Books
Free Farmer Tax Guides

If anyone has borrowed a soil probe from our office, please don't forget to return it.